16 November, 2014

Party Zone is out

The new, season 4, table of Farsight has arrived: Party Zone. Just a look at the table has sufficed to make me realise that I was not going to like this game much.


Please do not get me wrong. There are plenty of interesting things in this game. However under the Farsight implementation I find it hardly playable. Clearly, there is a problem with the ball. I had reminiscences of White Water when I tried to find a single ball that had satisfactory contrast with the table … and failed. The blue ball is probably the best one can do but still not quite OK. Moreover the ball moves really rapidly which makes it even harder to follow. To top it all the ball drains too easily be it from the centre or the sides.

Still, I do like the graphics of the table and I find the long semi-transparent serpentine ramps particularly nice. The lower part of the table is uncluttered which to my eyes is always a plus. I may come back to this game from time to time, just as I do with White Water, but it will definitely not become part of my top list.

No comments:

Post a Comment