29 November, 2014

Timeshock on iOS: first (or, rather, second) impressions

I have been playing Timeshock on iDevices for one week now, mainly on my iPad Air. The game is great. It is really fluid even in multiball and the music goes on playing without a single hitch. 


Usually I turn the music off but this time, for I kept it on for testing.
In most pinballs I even turn the sounds off but I never do this in the case of ProPinballs: they are really great. I found out that the glass-off mode is implemented in the beta version. Here is a photo (taken with an iPhone under dubious lighting conditions):


The one thing that I do not like is the ball visibility. Still, while playing on the iPad, it is not too hard to follow the ball. Where the things get ugly is with the iPhone. To put it in a nutshell, the game is, if not unplayable, certainly not much fun playing. Perhaps the situation will improve when we’ll be able to adjust the lighting, but right now, with the harsh, blinking, lights and a silver ball I start having Farsight reminiscences.

No comments:

Post a Comment