14 November, 2015

Earth Defense by Zen

Zen Studios are on a roll. After the nice Balls of Glory collection they have just released an oldie but goodie table: Earth Defense. I suspect the game to belong to the original, "Zen 1", series, as my fiend Doc pointed out in his comment. In any case it is part of the "classic" collection. Being an older table it is not plagued by the excessive animations of the most recent Zen ones and as a consequence I did enjoy quite a lot playing it. 



The robot is great: it even shoots back the ball when ball save is active. And, as you can see in the screen capture, the ball is then violet/purple coloured (but just for a second or two). The only thing that I found somewhat unnerving was the upper left flipper. It took me a while to realise that there was one there.

After having played (and liked) the game I am convinced that one day I must write a special post with a comparative review of all the classic pinballs. That would only be fair for these great Zen pinball simulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment