22 January, 2016

FarSight's new Kickstarter

Those who follow my blog know that I am criticizing FarSight on every occasion. I do it because I think that many of their tables are hastily put together without attention to small details, which sometimes turn out to be really important. On the other hand I am always ready to praise FarSight for their role in preserving our pinball heritage by reviving the best classic tables. Which brings me to the most recent Kickstarter campaign.


A week ago FarSight launched a Kickstarter project aiming at raising money for producing a digital version of the Dr. Who pinball. One week later one third of the goal is covered and I hope that in the end they will manage to get the project funded. It goes without saying that I am a backer of the project and I urge you, if you really love pinball simulations, to pledge a small amount that will help revive Dr. Who. 


I did like the article that accompanies the Dr. Who Kickstarter project. It helps getting an insight into the difficulties the FarSight people are facing when it comes to producing digital versions of real pinball tables. Of course, this does not excuse their occasional sloppiness. If funded Dr. Who will be available towards the end of the year. I look forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment