08 August, 2017

The blog is five years old

Last year I was writing that I was really disappointed by the attendance levels of the blog. It started with 3000 the first year, jumped to 10000 on the second, then to 19000 on the third only to fall down to 25500 on the fourth year. And the downturn continues. This year we are reaching a total of 32000: this is 6500 over this year's period on par with the disappointing 6500 of last year.



What does that mean? I think that the message is clear. Nobody (well, almost) cares about digital pinballs. So, the number of developers who can make a living out of digital pinballs is shrinking. The day FarSight goes, the whole business is dead and the only thing to do will be to let the blog die. In the meantime it stays on under life-support meaning that I will publish whenever something new appears and will not push it. I was thinking about writing about the crappy pinballs that plague the AppStore, about writing something a bit more technical from time to time, but what is the point. With fewer than one visit per hour this is not worth the effort. 

So the blog continues, be it only as a repository of the digital pinballs available for MacOS and iOS, be it only for the few friends who follow it loyally (and to which I am deeply indebted). 

5 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed your blog and have tried to comment in the past, but my comments always get rejected. Thought I'd try again. That doesn't mean I won't keep looking at it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it worked this time - thanks again for keeping this going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,

    I *never* reject a comment. They are such a pleasure when they arrive.
    Probably blogger has some crazy authentification procedure which results in comments being not accepted. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you keep the blog alive, or at least the posts online. I think there's a lot of info here for mac pinball enthusiasts. Maybe not big in number atm but I am sure there are still some out therewho'd love to find info here whenever they need it. Congrats on 5 years🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marco. Don't worry, the blog is alive and I will be writing as long as there is something to write about.

      Delete